Re: Rolling your R's

    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 22, 2013
      On 21/07/2013 15:03, Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets wrote:
      > On 18 July 2013 12:43, Sam Stutter wrote:
      >
      >> The amount of times I hear English people attempting to
      >> do Edith Piaf style accents and thinking it's great
      >> French! Am I right when I tell them that they're doing
      >> the French equivalent of Dick van Dyke in Mary
      >> Poppins?
      >>

      > If they are trying and doing it badly, then yes :P .
      > Edith Piaf's accent is probably the closest French has to
      > a Cockney accent :P .

      Cockney?

      Sam was talking about Dick van Dyke ;)

      for individual beings and events."
      Message 40 of 40 , Jul 23, 2013
        Spanish, when sung, often gets distorted...:-)  To my ears, he's just doing the normal [D] (as in Engl. the, there) pronunciation of intervocalic /d/. The fact that his mouth is wide open may have something to do with it.

        As you probably know, in colloquial ~fast speech, Span. intervoc. /d/ [D] is often dropped entirely-- aplastado = [aplas'ta.o]