Re: 50 Shades of Poet

    Message 1 of 6 , May 3 8:24 AM
      Happy birthday!  (My own rather unwelcome one is coming up later this month.)

      As for "poet" in my 3 languages--

      Only Kash has a word for  'poem/poetry'-- kotrinju, a compd. of kota 'word' + rinju 'music(al)'. So I've been puzzling out what the word for 'poet' could be-- something like kekotrinju or kangotrinju (both agentive prefixes)?  But I dont like those; so I'm going to have to figure something else out.....

      Both Gwr and Prevli certainly have words for this, but I haven't discovered them yet.....
    • C. Brickner
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6 8:56 AM
        In Senjecas there are three words that fit this description.

        ṁe̋la, 1) t.v. write-, compose-, -(poetry). 2) i.v. write-, compose-, -poetry.
        ṁe̋lis, adj. poetic.
        ṁelőőnus, poet.
        ṁe̋los, poem.

        There is one compound of this verb:
        ṁeļőmos, ballad.
        ṁéļoma̋a̋gus, balladeer.

        ļőma, i.v. tell stories, spin yarns.
        ļomőőnus, storyteller, fable writer.
        ļőmos, legend, fable, tale, saga, story, tradition.

        The prefix ”ðees-“ relates a word to the spiritual realm. Thus, ðeesļőmos means myth.

        tőőlča, t.v. narrate an epic.
        tőőlčis, adj. epic.
        toolčőőnus, epic narrator.
        tőőlčos, epic.

        There are no etymologies since, in this conculture, Senjecas is the original language.

        Charlie