Re: Conlanger lecture at UCSD

  • David Peterson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26 12:33 AM
      I've been told that, yes, they will put the entire video online, though I'm not sure when. When they do, I'll post it here.

      David Peterson
      LCS President
      president@...
      www.conlang.org

      On Apr 25, 2013, at 8:08 AM, John H. Chalmers <jhchalmers@...> wrote:

      > This site has a short video of Okrand, Frommer and Peterson discussing the languages they created for Star Trek, Avatar and Thrones. Hopefully, the panel discussion will be available in the future.
      >
      > http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/feature/language_crafters?utm_campaign=thisweek&utm_medium=email&utm_source=tw-2013-04-25
      >
      > --john
    • Jasyn Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26 5:59 AM
        I'd like to see the whole video. The articles and video were great, but more of a teaser than anything substantive.

        And congratulations, David, on creating 12 languages (!) — at least by my count — for TV. It's always good to see people making a career out of something they love.

        On Apr 25, 2013, at 9:08 AM, John H. Chalmers <jhchalmers@...> wrote:

        > This site has a short video of Okrand, Frommer and Peterson discussing the languages they created for Star Trek, Avatar and Thrones. Hopefully, the panel discussion will be available in the future.
        >
        > http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/feature/language_crafters?utm_campaign=thisweek&utm_medium=email&utm_source=tw-2013-04-25
        >
        > --john

        - -
        Jasyn Jones

        "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
        "Ulysses" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

        Jasyn's House of Gaming:
        daddywarpig.wordpress.com

        Storm Knights, my Torg webpage: