Re: Conlanger lecture at UCSD

  • David Peterson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2013
      I've been told that, yes, they will put the entire video online, though I'm not sure when. When they do, I'll post it here.

      David Peterson
      LCS President
      president@...
      www.conlang.org

      On Apr 25, 2013, at 8:08 AM, John H. Chalmers <jhchalmers@...> wrote:

      > This site has a short video of Okrand, Frommer and Peterson discussing the languages they created for Star Trek, Avatar and Thrones. Hopefully, the panel discussion will be available in the future.
      >
      > http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/feature/language_crafters?utm_campaign=thisweek&utm_medium=email&utm_source=tw-2013-04-25
      >
      > --john
    • Jasyn Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2013
        I'd like to see the whole video. The articles and video were great, but more of a teaser than anything substantive.

        And congratulations, David, on creating 12 languages (!) — at least by my count — for TV. It's always good to see people making a career out of something they love.

        On Apr 25, 2013, at 9:08 AM, John H. Chalmers <jhchalmers@...> wrote:

        > This site has a short video of Okrand, Frommer and Peterson discussing the languages they created for Star Trek, Avatar and Thrones. Hopefully, the panel discussion will be available in the future.
        >
        > http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/feature/language_crafters?utm_campaign=thisweek&utm_medium=email&utm_source=tw-2013-04-25
        >
        > --john

        - -
        Jasyn Jones

        "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
        "Ulysses" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

        Jasyn's House of Gaming:
        daddywarpig.wordpress.com

        Storm Knights, my Torg webpage: