New Blog Post: Moten Part XI: Derivation and Compounding

  • Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2013
      Hi everyone!

      Finally the latest instalment of the Moten grammar has been published! This
      time, I focus on derivation (or the little of it that exists in Moten) and
      compounding, i.e. I explain how to form new words based on existing words
      :) . The post itself is available here:
      http://christophoronomicon.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/moten-part-xi-derivation-and-compounding.html

      It's a long post (of record-breaking length really! Maybe I should have
      split it in two), so if you don't want to read all of it please look at
      least at the section about pseudo-suffixes (or "how to do derivation
      without derivational morphology" :P) and the one about reduplication (a
      rather common and reasonably productive phenomenon in Moten). Those
      sections are at the end of the post.

      As usual, all the Moten grammar posts are available here:
      http://christophoronomicon.blogspot.co.uk/p/moten-language.html
      I've also got the Moten dictionary, which might be of use to better
      understand the examples, available at:
      https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Ba74aEwr57bVQ2V2QtbnJNSk0/edit?usp=sharing
      The dictionary is up-to-date so all the words used in this post should be
      in the dictionary.

      post will contain a translation in Moten of "the North Wind and the Sun" :P
      . Please look forward to it! :)

      So, cheers, and don't hesitate to comment!
      --
      Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets.

      http://www.christophoronomicon.nl/
    • Nicole Valicia Thompson-Andrews
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 15, 2013
        Looking at the post now. I may add it to my desktop.