A real-life 'gin and tonic' phenomenon

  • mughtej
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2013
      I was watching an anime episode on the internet dubbed in Chinese and heard a word which could be either 了解 (liaojie) or the English roger for the word understand. I had to replay the word several times to figure out the Chinese word was used, because the Chinese dub sometimes keeps the original words and phrases.

      Which reminds me of the idea of the 'gin and tonic' phenomenon from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy where a drink created by with the name gin and tonic (with various spellings) by every civilized race before discovering the existence of other race.
    • Adam Walker
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2013
        Maybe you can get some Swedish meatballs to go with your gin and tonic.

        Adam who loves B5