Re: Methods or software for creating grammars and dictionaries

  • Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 16 11:51 AM
      On 16 March 2013 10:26, Jyri Lehtinen <lehtinen.jyri@...> wrote:

      > I took a look at your dictionary and its format indeed looks like
      > something very usable and something I'd aim at.

      Thanks! Most of it was just getting the right format for the entries in the
      Toolbox database. The export system did most of the rest. SIL software is
      well known to be quite good, if sometimes a bit quirky :) .

      On 16 March 2013 14:55, George Marques <georgemjesus@...> wrote:

      > AFAIK Toolbox format is pure text and easily parseable, so it shouldn't be
      > hard to write such a script. FLEx can export to the same format.

      Correct. The Toolbox database is just a plain text file with a bunch of
      TeX-like tags (i.e. starting with \). It *should* be relatively easy to
      parse. The problem is: I've never written parsing scripts, not even small
      ones. There are some Toolbox format parsers out there, but most of them are
      outdated and/or buggy. Writing a parser *should* be within my abilities,
      but it requires a lot of time and effort for me, which I just don't have
      available right now. But in the long term: sure! :)
      --
      Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets.

      http://www.christophoronomicon.nl/