Re: Lexical existence (was The evolution of Angosey: 5 Translations of the same poem across 11 years)

  • Adam Walker
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 22, 2013
      Okay, so while googling cromulent to find uses NOT related to or mentioning
      The Simpsons (like The Cromulent Shakespeare Company and Cromulent Records)
      I found another word to love and promote -- fauxcabulary! I love this
      word! And it seems that cromulent has been featured as a "word of the day"
      by several vocabulary building sites. I found a football site talking
      about being a cromulent quarterback! Oh and this!
      http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2007/3/21/165625/530/hotels/Vietnam's_Evason_Hideaway_is_Romantically_Cromulent

      It's still pretty much a joke word, but it is starting to get use sans
      Simpson refernce and without the near obligatory "perfectly" fronting it.

      Adam