Re: Translation exercise: was: 30-day project and stack depth

  • Adam Walker
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2013
      Nightmare!

      Adam

      On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Charles W Brickner <
      tepeyachill@...> wrote:

      > This is the horse and the hound and the horn
      > That belonged to the farmer sowing his corn
      > That kept the cock that crowed in the morn
      > That woke the priest all shaven and shorn
      > That married the man all tattered and torn
      > That kissed the maiden all forlorn
      > That milked the cow with the crumpled horn
      > That tossed the dog that worried the cat
      > That killed the rat that ate the malt
      > That lay in the house that Jack built.
      >
      > Charlie

    • Puey McCleary
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2013
        Peiyaqwayojhwo fhérnxhayòntet xhémfhayòntet fheqhìkhno

        Keis fhwàqhatheum swompoyèntir sitsayòlkhaxul

        Kuss sokhmelónge’ atsáyayòlkha’ ingoinèkhre pfho

        Keis singteyùpwar tsejhyìmejikh thyaûsama kae yixhna

        Kus exontuyùpwar xholatirnòtejikh tnauqòntu kae khyi

        Kuss sqesayòjhwa sanínxhòyejikh fhluníqho kae yoaqe

        Kus khmupurxhuyùpwar khláxhroiyòtya khwaqheyòlkhaxing

        Keis fhierelónge fhesimpayòlkha fhuxhwelónge pfho fhenísya xhroe

        Keis khrèjhar xhaurlroyòlkha xhùrnamat pfho xhlatonùtya

        Keis koaqe xhuîn khwiêtha se khwetèyafham Jàkopar kae.

        These, they are, that are the thunderlizards, and sheep, and giant silkworms

        That belong to the elegant farmer, sowing many seeds,

        Who kept the early rising rooster raptors

        That awoke the alogether sleepy sylvan priest

        Who performed the marriage rites to the very nervous young man

        Who kept kissing the blushing virgin

        Who brushed the fur of the aurochs cow

        That tossed down the quill platypus that worried the kitten

        That killed the mouse squirrel that ate some of the cheeses

        That lay in the house that Jàkopar built.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2013
          On 04/01/2013 20:32, Charles W Brickner wrote:
          > This is the horse and the hound and the horn
          > That belonged to the farmer sowing his corn
          > That kept the cock that crowed in the morn
          > That woke the priest all shaven and shorn
          > That married the man all tattered and torn
          > That kissed the maiden all forlorn
          > That milked the cow with the crumpled horn
          > That tossed the dog that worried the cat
          > That killed the rat that ate the malt
          > That lay in the house that Jack built.

          Which is all very jolly, but does not require any
          stack structure. Now, if we were to adopt a strict
          SOV order then things would be different ;)

          Also, of course:
          On 04/01/2013 18:36, MorphemeAddict wrote:
          [snip]
          > For relative clauses you could use something like this:
          >
          > The boy a bone-having (-hadding?) dog saw.

          Yes indeed. The post-positioned relative clauses must be
          replaced by pre-positioned participle phrases.

          This the to the his corn sowing and
          the in the morn having crowed and
          the all shaven and shorn and
          the all tattered and torn and
          the all forlorn and
          the with the crumpled horn and
          the the the the in the by Jack built house lying malt having
          eaten rat
          having killed cat
          having worried dog
          having tossed cow
          having milked maiden
          having kissed man
          having married priest
          having woken cock keeping farmer belonging
          horse and the hound and the horn is.

          Whether the above is also RPN I'm certain. I guess the best
          way to ensure that would be to derive a parse tree and make
          a post-order traversal. I just don't have the time to do that.

          There ant no place like Sussex,
          Until ye goos above,
          For Sussex will be Sussex,
          And Sussex won't be druv!