Dentalized vowels

  • Nikolay Ivankov
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2012
      Well, subject. Something like pronouncing the same common vowels, but with
      teeth fasten or at least close enough. Theoretically possible, but are
      there any natlangs that make such distinction?
    • Garth Wallace
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2012
        On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Nikolay Ivankov <lukevilent@...> wrote:
        > Well, subject. Something like pronouncing the same common vowels, but with
        > teeth fasten or at least close enough. Theoretically possible, but are
        > there any natlangs that make such distinction?

        I can do it, but I doesn't sound particularly distinct from vowels
        with the mouth open. At most slightly muffled.
      • Matthew Turnbull
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2012
          Never hear of one, I would guess not since they're not very salient.