Re: Roger Mills

  • Ph. D.
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
      Tony Harris wrote:
      > I do think it would be cool if we sent him conlang get well cards. If he has his own language online it would be even cooler to include a translation in that.

      I believe Roger's languages are here:

      http://cinduworld.tripod.com/contents.htm

      --Ph. D.
    • Carsten Becker
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2012
        On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 18:33:15 -0500, phil@... wrote:

        >Is that really a problem? I mean, this is not his regular residence
        >address and probably not his regular telephone number. How
        >likely is someone to use this information maliciously?
        >
        >Most peoples' addresses are pretty easy to find. I had to mail
        >Roger some paperwork a few years ago, and I was able to find
        >his residence address on line.

        OK, that's true, both arguments.

        Carsten
      • David Peterson
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 4, 2012
          On Mar 3, 2012, at 8:56 AM, Carsten Becker wrote:

          > On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 18:33:15 -0500, phil@... wrote:
          >
          >> Is that really a problem? I mean, this is not his regular residence
          >> address and probably not his regular telephone number. How
          >> likely is someone to use this information maliciously?
          >>
          >> Most peoples' addresses are pretty easy to find. I had to mail
          >> Roger some paperwork a few years ago, and I was able to find
          >> his residence address on line.
          >
          > OK, that's true, both arguments.

          Still, I think it would be beneficial (it wouldn't have helped in this specific case, but in general) for new members to know that everything they post on Conlang is publicly archive, and will be available to anyone on the web pretty much indefinitely.

          David Peterson
          LCS President
          president@...
          www.conlang.org
        • David Edwards
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 12, 2012
            That sounds like a pretty awesome idea.

            I think, based on what I could find in the Kash materials, that "get well
            soon" would be something close to:

            endo haçukavan huluñ krat huluñ
            endo ha-çukavan huluñ_krat_huluñ
            OPT 2s-recover as_fast_as_possible

            Does anyone know more about Kash? Does that look right?

            Best,
            David

          • phil@PHILLIPDRISCOLL.COM
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 12, 2012
              I don't know much about Kash, but I sent a card saying

              "Mateca re hat haçukavando cumicu."
              ma-teca re hat ha-çukavan-to cumicu.
              1s-hope that you 2s-recover-FUT soon.
              "I hope that you will recover soon."