English-Spanish-Arabic creole

  • Peter Bleackley
    Message 1 of 41 , Jun 28, 2011
      I've been wondering what a creole of English, Spanish and Arabic might
      be like. So far, I think that it would have the following consonants

      b td kg
      f T s x~h
      m n
      w j

      And the vowels

      i u

      Possibly with length distinctions.

      There might well be a lot of allophony

      I think that the definite article would probably be al, but it would not
      vary according to gender/number (as in Spanish) or phonological
      environment (as in Arabic).

      I'm wondering how vocabulary might be selected.

      Pete
    • Peter Bleackley
      Message 41 of 41 , Jul 4, 2011
        staving Dana Nutter:
        > I haven't seen this mentioned in the thread yet, but which language is
        > going to be the superstrate?

        My idea is to start off with all three languages on a roughly equal
        footing and see what develops. Have a look at

        http://www.frathwiki.com/Al_Mastizu

        if you're interested in joining in.

        Pete