Conlang Adverts

  • Samuel Stutter
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2011
      If anyone is interested:

      I was trying to knock together a reasonably sized Nauspayr text of
      some sort, in hope of (someday) having a proper website for my
      conlangs. In the end I fell upon the idea of something like "Chimp
      Magazine"; a what's-on for scenesters sort of thing with all the
      titles written in Impact. Only thing was, I needed some fake adverts
      to fill space. Hence the following were born this afternoon...

      I'm particularly proud of the O2 one, but the Twinings ad is a bit
      shoddy. I'll try and find the original ads for comparison.

      (Also, this is the first time I've tried to public-link to one of
      these new-fangled DropBox accounts, so do tell me if owt goes wrong)

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19312392/NauspayrAdverts.pdf
    • Philip Newton
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2011
        On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 17:13, Samuel Stutter
        <sam.stutter@...> wrote:
        > (Also, this is the first time I've tried to public-link to one of these
        > new-fangled DropBox accounts, so do tell me if owt goes wrong)
        >
        > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19312392/NauspayrAdverts.pdf

        I can see it, FWIW. (I do have DropBox installed on my computer - not
        sure whether that was relevant.)

        The flavour of the language reminds me of Breton, for some reason.

        Cheers,
        Philip
        --
        Philip Newton <philip.newton@...>
      • Michael Everson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 5, 2011
          On 5 Jun 2011, at 20:05, Philip Newton wrote:

          > The flavour of the language reminds me of Breton, for some reason.

          I can't imagine why. It looks like Romani or Kurdish. (Superficially.)

        • taliesin the storyteller
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6, 2011
            On 2011-06-05 17:13, Samuel Stutter wrote:
            > I was trying to knock together a reasonably sized Nauspayr text of some
            > sort, in hope of (someday) having a proper website for my conlangs. In
            > the end I fell upon the idea of something like "Chimp Magazine"; a
            > what's-on for scenesters sort of thing with all the titles written in
            > Impact. Only thing was, I needed some fake adverts to fill space. Hence
            > the following were born this afternoon...

            Kewl! Makes me want to hunt down all the originals though, to be able to
            compare.

            > (Also, this is the first time I've tried to public-link to one of these
            > new-fangled DropBox accounts, so do tell me if owt goes wrong)
            >
            > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19312392/NauspayrAdverts.pdf

            Link works fine for me and I don't have DropBox. Anyone using Wuala?

            t.
          • Samuel Stutter
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 6, 2011
              The ads were...

              http://www.cascade-creative.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/twinings.png

              http://www.brashgames.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/LA_Noire_Advert.jpg

              http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/08/article-1109169-02FBD403000005DC-692_468x338.jpg

              http://www.apple.com/uk/

              http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3100/2835589995_98b89cab4c_o.jpg

              http://www.utalkmarketing.com/UTMImages/2/ANNA%27s_Yakult_Confusion-Cle.jpg
              (can anyone guess why my version lacked the subtle humour of the
              original? :D )

              On 6 Jun 2011, at 12:33, taliesin the storyteller wrote:

              > On 2011-06-05 17:13, Samuel Stutter wrote:
              >> I was trying to knock together a reasonably sized Nauspayr text of
              >> some
              >> sort, in hope of (someday) having a proper website for my conlangs.
              >> In
              >> the end I fell upon the idea of something like "Chimp Magazine"; a
              >> what's-on for scenesters sort of thing with all the titles written in
              >> Impact. Only thing was, I needed some fake adverts to fill space.
              >> Hence
              >> the following were born this afternoon...
              >
              > Kewl! Makes me want to hunt down all the originals though, to be
              > able to
              > compare.
              >
              >> (Also, this is the first time I've tried to public-link to one of
              >> these
              >> new-fangled DropBox accounts, so do tell me if owt goes wrong)
              >>
              >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19312392/NauspayrAdverts.pdf
              >
              > Link works fine for me and I don't have DropBox. Anyone using Wuala?
              >

              > t.
            • Adam Walker
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 6, 2011
                Sbutle huomr?

                Why eevr wuold you laeve htat out of a cnonlag txet?

                Aadm