Re: The Card Exchange: Themes?

  • Carsten Becker
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 4, 2011
      No, I grudgingly cleared the sidewalk of the newly fallen snow this
      morning. The parts where people had already walked over had already
      frozen to the ground as ice. Otherwise it's pretty grey and dull here, too.

      --
      Ayeri Grammar (under construction): http://bit.ly/9dSyTI (PDF)
      Der Sprachbaukasten: http://sanstitre.nfshost.com/sbk
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 4, 2011
        I'll be doing a harvest festival theme, as this is right around harvest
        time on the Alurhsa calendar.

        On 01/03/2011 10:30 PM, Parker Glynn-Adey wrote:
        > What have other people chosen for the theme of their cards in the card
        > exchange? Things are really slow going on my end, in part because Sonja (of
        > Toki Pona) and I haven't been in the same place at the same time for a
        > while, and we're both rather busy. We'd like to hear some prompts for what
        > to do about these cards.
      • Tony Harris
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 4, 2011
          I did a separate note last year, and will do the same this year. I've
          received Jayelinda's so far this year and she used the same method.
          (Very cool card, by the way!)

          On 01/03/2011 11:13 PM, Patrick Dunn wrote:
          > I'm doing a solar-rebirth celebration. Hoping to get them out in the mail
          > tomorrow, although it's looking unlikely that they'll go about that soon.
          > The lino is cut and printed, but I have to handwrite the inner inscriptions
          > yet.
          >
          > I'm wondering how to make the explanation available to those who want it;
          > maybe I'll just include a separate note with my email and I can send it to
          > those who want it. Or I can scan it and post it to the list or something,
          > maybe.
          >
          > On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Adam Walker<carraxan@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Last year I recieved cards for Christmas, Solsitce and a Fish festival.
          >> This year, I'll be sending out Epiphany cards. What festivals are
          >> happening
          >> in your culture around this time?
          >>
          >> Adam
          >>
          >> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Parker Glynn-Adey<
          >> parkerglynnadey@...
          >>> wrote:
          >>> What have other people chosen for the theme of their cards in the card
          >>> exchange? Things are really slow going on my end, in part because Sonja
          >> (of
          >>> Toki Pona) and I haven't been in the same place at the same time for a
          >>> while, and we're both rather busy. We'd like to hear some prompts for
          >> what
          >>> to do about these cards.

        • andrew
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 4, 2011
            On Tue, 04 Jan 2011, Parker Glynn-Adey wrote:
            > What have other people chosen for the theme of their cards in the
            > card exchange? Things are really slow going on my end, in part
            > because Sonja (of Toki Pona) and I haven't been in the same place at
            > the same time for a while, and we're both rather busy. We'd like to
            > hear some prompts for what to do about these cards.

            This year I posted greetings from a mid-summer observance in a new
            language project. I had plenty of time to draw cards over new year
            which have just gone into the post today after the post shops opened
            after the statutary holidays.

            Andrew.
            --
          • Samuel Stutter
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 4, 2011
              I would like to apologise to those people I'm down to send to - I'm waiting for a particular shop to open and they're still on holiday. Anyway, mine will probably be something morbid - a belated midwinter festival of the dead / underworld. I'm fed up of cheery shortbread-tin Christmas (and snow). Weird, eldritch rites and candle-lit dances forest dances sound about right :D
              I sound like Jack Dee.