Re: The 2010 Smiley Award Winner: amman iar

  • Wm Annis
    Message 1 of 46 , Sep 2, 2010
      > I think we should all (definitely myself included) rededicate
      > ourselves to finishing what we started. Myself, I always slack off because
      > a page looks too daunting, or like it would take too much work, or
      > because I'd rather be doing something else at the moment, but no
      > more! We've got to get this stuff done while we can.

      From time to time I depress the people I work for by asking them if
      they know what will happen with their research data if they die. Not
      just for conlanging, but for anything we produce that stays in mostly
      electronic form, we should make sure we have clear instructions
      about the disposition of that material. I enjoyed flabbergasting my
      lawyer when my will was produced. She had never dealt with the
      handling of electronic assets before.

      I also keep a safe deposit box with a thumb drive that gets
      swapped out periodically. It's jointly held with a friend of mine, so
      he can neatly clean up my web sites, etc., in the event I die by
      surprise. I had not actually made any special plans for my conlang
      work, only Aoidoi.org. I'm not sure anything I've done warrants
      more attention than Archive.org, but I suppose I'll think about it
      for the next visit to the safe deposit box.

      --
      wm
    • Adam Walker
      Message 46 of 46 , Sep 20, 2010