Re: Elision (was: [CONLANG] Translation excercise: Unabsteigbarkeit)

  • Alex Fink
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2010
      On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 13:05:41 +0200, BPJ <bpj@...> wrote:

      >When
      >writing LaTeX I almost consistently mistype '' for
      >" because an English opening double quote is `` in
      >LaTeX, and need to do a s/''/"/g from time to
      >time.

      But '' (^^27^^27) is the closing double-quote in LaTeX! That's what I use
      myself, and what every manual I've read says. Some of those don't even
      mention " (^^22) at all; others regard it as a shortcut for ''.

      Alex
    • Benct Philip Jonsson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2010
        D'oh! So I've been substituting needlessly for over a decade? I don't
        know what put me into this originally. Probably I just saw everyone
        else using the ASCII doublequote and thought that was the way it must
        be done. Also Swedish uses the 99 quote as the normal both opening and
        closing quote, so everyone just uses " when LaTeXing in Swedish. /BP
        ex phono cellulare

        --
        / BP