A little video I made

  • Carsten Becker
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2010
      Hi,

      Listening to the Foo Fighters's "In Your Honor" album yesterday
      afternoon triggered the idea to try to translate yet another song into
      my conlang so that the sense of the lyrics' content carries over as far
      as possible while still trying to keep it singable to the original tune.
      So I tried my hands on "Friend of a Friend". Since it's a very simple
      two-chord ballad with a rather simple text about a guitar player (my
      nick on the ZBB also, no less! :-D) it was very tempting. Here it is,
      with interlinearised subtitles:
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-PvktLddj8>. Hope you like the idea and
      my realisation of it.

      Regards
      Carsten

      --
      My Conlang: http://benung.nfshost.com
      Der Sprachbaukasten: http://sanstitre.nfshost.com/sbk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 27, 2010
        That was extremely impressive. Thank you for sharing.

        On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Carsten Becker <carbeck@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Listening to the Foo Fighters's "In Your Honor" album yesterday afternoon
        > triggered the idea to try to translate yet another song into my conlang so
        > that the sense of the lyrics' content carries over as far as possible while
        > still trying to keep it singable to the original tune. So I tried my hands
        > on "Friend of a Friend". Since it's a very simple two-chord ballad with a
        > rather simple text about a guitar player (my nick on the ZBB also, no less!
        > :-D) it was very tempting. Here it is, with interlinearised subtitles:
        > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-PvktLddj8>. Hope you like the idea and my
        > realisation of it.
        >
        > Regards
        > Carsten
        >
        > --
        > My Conlang: http://benung.nfshost.com
        > Der Sprachbaukasten: http://sanstitre.nfshost.com/sbk
        > Blog: http://sanstitre.nfshost.com

        --
        I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window
        to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance. --Arthur
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 28, 2010
          Wow, that was very good. Neat stuff. Thanks.

          On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Patrick Dunn <pwdunn@...> wrote:

          > That was extremely impressive. Thank you for sharing.
          >
          > On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Carsten Becker <carbeck@...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Listening to the Foo Fighters's "In Your Honor" album yesterday afternoon
          > > triggered the idea to try to translate yet another song into my conlang
          > so
          > > that the sense of the lyrics' content carries over as far as possible
          > while
          > > still trying to keep it singable to the original tune. So I tried my
          > hands
          > > on "Friend of a Friend". Since it's a very simple two-chord ballad with a
          > > rather simple text about a guitar player (my nick on the ZBB also, no
          > less!
          > > :-D) it was very tempting. Here it is, with interlinearised subtitles:
          > > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-PvktLddj8>. Hope you like the idea and
          > my
          > > realisation of it.
          > >
          > > Regards
          > > Carsten
          > >
          > > --
          > > My Conlang: http://benung.nfshost.com
          > > Der Sprachbaukasten: http://sanstitre.nfshost.com/sbk
          > > Blog: http://sanstitre.nfshost.com
          > >

          > --
          > I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window
          > to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance. --Arthur
          > Rimbaud

        • Matthew Turnbull
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2010
            Very nice! thank-you.