Re: Pronunciation of -chen in German

  • Jan Strasser
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2010
      Daniel's theory sounds like a good explanation indeed. Another factor in
      this might be that <-chen> seems to be the only native morpheme (at the
      very least, the only *common* native morpheme) containing onset /C/.

      FWIW, I don't make the distinction. I consistently have [Cn=] in all the
      examples cited so far.

      - Jan