Re: 26C3 Conlanging 101 time & link

  • Sai Emrys
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 1, 2010
    • Larry Sulky
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 1, 2010
        Sai, you rock awesome (as my kids might have said sometime in the past
        decade or so)!

        Great job!

        On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 7:57 AM, Sai Emrys <saizai@...> wrote:

        > Re. how the audience reacted:
        >
        > http://saizai.livejournal.com/956555.html
        > http://saizai.livejournal.com/956825.html
        >
        > Squee. :-)
        >
        > - Sai

      • Garth Wallace
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 1, 2010
          On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 4:57 AM, Sai Emrys <saizai@...> wrote:
          > Re. how the audience reacted:
          >
          > http://saizai.livejournal.com/956555.html
          > http://saizai.livejournal.com/956825.html
          >
          > Squee. :-)

          It's fun reading the twitters: splitbrain's first is to say that he
          went to the wrong talk by accident, then later ones show a lot of
          enthusiasm.
        • Carsten Becker
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 1, 2010
            Garth Wallace schrieb:
            > It's fun reading the twitters: splitbrain's first is to say that he
            > went to the wrong talk by accident, then later ones show a lot of
            > enthusiasm.

            Martin Haase aka MaHa is actually a professionally trained linguist
            AFAIK, who is somehow affiliated with "Chaos Computer Club" (aka CCC or
            C3 as in 26C3). A CCC-friendly friend of mine once linked me to an
            interview with him on Chaos Radio.

            Carsten

            --
            My Conlang: http://benung.nfshost.com/
            Der Sprachbaukasten: http://www.beckerscarsten.de/sbk/
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 1, 2010
              On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Carsten Becker <carbeck@...> wrote:
              > Martin Haase aka MaHa is actually a professionally trained linguist
              > AFAIK,

              He's also an Esperantist:

              http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23e26c3

              - Sai
            • Sai Emrys
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 1, 2010
                On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Larry Sulky <larrysulky@...> wrote:
                > Sai, you rock awesome (as my kids might have said sometime in the past
                > decade or so)!

                Hee. Thanks!

                - Sai
              • Donald Boozer
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 2, 2010
                  Our community has an excellent international ambassador! Well done, Sai! :-)

                  Just wanted to publicly add my kudos to Sai for a masterful performance at 26C3. From the tweets and feedback, it appears the participants thought so as well. I greatly enjoyed the video (although it got stopped for me about 1/2 way through) and am humbled by the very nice acknowledgement and mention of Dritok.

                  BTW, I've posted the Conlanging 101 article at http://library.conlang.org/articles/journal.html and posted links to the videos at http://library.conlang.org/av/onlinevid.html.

                  - Don
                • Larry Sulky
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 2, 2010
                    I can't find the video, Don. --larry

                    On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Donald Boozer <donaldboozer@...>wrote:

                    > Our community has an excellent international ambassador! Well done, Sai!
                    > :-)
                    >
                    > Just wanted to publicly add my kudos to Sai for a masterful performance at
                    > 26C3. From the tweets and feedback, it appears the participants thought so
                    > as well. I greatly enjoyed the video (although it got stopped for me about
                    > 1/2 way through) and am humbled by the very nice acknowledgement and mention
                    > of Dritok.
                    >
                    > BTW, I've posted the Conlanging 101 article at
                    > http://library.conlang.org/articles/journal.html and posted links to the
                    > videos at http://library.conlang.org/av/onlinevid.html.
                    >
                    > - Don

                  • Sai Emrys
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 3, 2010
                      On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 2:52 AM, Donald Boozer <donaldboozer@...> wrote:
                      > I greatly enjoyed the video (although it got stopped for me about 1/2 way through)

                      They're working on it:
                      https://events.ccc.de/congress/2009/wiki/Conference_Recordings#Errata

                      And thanks! :-)

                      - Sai