Re: Round Robin - heads up!

  • John Vertical
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
      >Who's got the Round Robin at the moment?
      >
      >Pete

      Sorry, I've had it for a few days now; a few other (study-related)
      assignments have hegemonized my time. I was just about to send it on
      actually, but an internet hiccup ate it :(

      Some interesting features are starting to come up BTW, like how /n/ lenites
      to /D~/, but /t/ to /s/…!

      (More comments to be posted on Frath to avoid spoilers of this round)

      John Vertical
    • John Vertical
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
        Sent now.

        (I'd like to note for the record that I momentarily forgot the existence of
        the particle [iɔ]… not crucial however, I'll fix my relevant comment on the
        next round.)

        John Vertical
      • Alex Fink
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2009
          On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 16:57:31 -0500, John Vertical <johnvertical@...>
          wrote:

          >>Who's got the Round Robin at the moment?
          >>
          >>Pete
          >
          >Sorry, I've had it for a few days now; a few other (study-related)
          >assignments have hegemonized my time. I was just about to send it on
          >actually, but an internet hiccup ate it :(
          >
          >Some interesting features are starting to come up BTW, like how /n/ lenites
          >to /D~/, but /t/ to /s/…!

          Mhmm. Perhaps we have a dental [n] but an alveolar [t].

          I'm glad that people aren't introducing whole bunches of new phonemes at
          this stage, anyway, and that we seem to be reaching a consensus phonology.
          Perhaps we should try to write it down at some point.

          Alex
        • Alex Fink
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2009
            On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:51:43 -0500, Alex Fink <000024@...> wrote:

            >I'm glad that people aren't introducing whole bunches of new phonemes at
            >this stage, anyway, and that we seem to be reaching a consensus phonology.
            >Perhaps we should try to write it down at some point.

            John V is a step ahead of me:
            http://wiki.frath.net/Round_Robin_Conlang/Observations

            Alex
          • Eric Christopherson
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
              On Dec 3, 2009, at 2:51 PM, Alex Fink wrote:

              > On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 16:57:31 -0500, John Vertical <johnvertical@...>
              > wrote:
              >
              >>> Who's got the Round Robin at the moment?
              >>>
              >>> Pete
              >>
              >> Sorry, I've had it for a few days now; a few other (study-related)
              >> assignments have hegemonized my time. I was just about to send it on
              >> actually, but an internet hiccup ate it :(
              >>
              >> Some interesting features are starting to come up BTW, like how /n/ lenites
              >> to /D~/, but /t/ to /s/…!
              >
              > Mhmm. Perhaps we have a dental [n] but an alveolar [t].
              >
              > I'm glad that people aren't introducing whole bunches of new phonemes at
              > this stage, anyway, and that we seem to be reaching a consensus phonology.
              > Perhaps we should try to write it down at some point.
              >
              > Alex

              Is there somewhere that shows the changes each person has contributed?

              (Second time trying to send this email -- the first time, I got a reply from Brown's listserv telling me my message was unacceptable because it wasn't in plain text. I don't know why that would be, since my mailer is set up to compose in plain text and the original message I replied to was in plain text.)