[TECH] MSKLC Trouble

  • Arthaey Angosii
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2009
      So I have a fancy new font (almost) ready for my new conlang Lhenazi.
      It's a syllabary, so I figured I could make a keyboard layout with all
      consonants as dead keys, then let the following vowel select the
      correct glyph for that syllable.

      It all seemed to work just fine in Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator's
      "test layout" window. But when I actually installed the layout and
      tried to use it, it was seriously broken. My dead keys produced
      *double* glyphs, just like this guy describes here:

      http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win32.programmer.international/browse_thread/thread/7d4373aa338a49ab/

      I know from the list archives that several other people here have used
      MSKLC to make custom layouts with dead keys with mentions of "working
      around limitations." I'm hoping that someone still active on the list
      can contact me (off-list) to help me figure out what I'm doing wrong
      with the layout.

      Thanks,
      AA