Fwd: LL-L "Projects" 2009.07.06 (04) [EN]

  • Wesley Parish
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2009
      Hi, Folks.

      Just thought people might be interested in this little gem.

      Share and Enjoy!

      Wesley Parish

      From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch@...>
      Subject: Projects

      **Wixbikeldee, Lowlanders!

      Please meet the latest featured guest contributors and their translation of
      the Wren story!

      As I wrote in my introduction of the newest laureates, ...

      Daniel and Norman Foster are living proof that a lan­guage com­mu­ni­ty can
      be as small as two (not coun­ting in­no­cent by­standers that can­not help
      pick­ing up the odd ex­pres­sion here and there). These two gentle­men
      de­mon­strate that youth­ful lan­guage cre­a­tion en­hances life­long bonds,
      in this case bro­ther­ly bonds. They re­alized ear­ly on that lan­guage is
      ba­sic­al­ly fun, that play­ing with lan­guage en­hances lin­gu­istic
      aware­ness and ap­pre­ci­a­tion.

      Why ... perhaps their linguistic pursuit is even the reason why both of them
      ended up being great musicians. Or am I getting carried away now?

      Well, all right then, go and admire their language Ozee Tilp (which has
      American-English-based phonology and English-based orthography), and do not
      skip the language introduction:

      http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/ozee-tilp.php
      http://lowlands-l.net/anniversary/ozee-tilp-info.php

      Wix!
      Reinhard/Ron
      Seattle, USA

      * Please submit postings to lowlands-l@....

      are to be sent to listserv@... or at

      -----
      Are couch potatoes good to eat?
      A nose by any other name would smell as sweet. (By Bacon under the pseudonym
      of Shakespeare)
      -----
      Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?