Re: Holly Lisle's Create A Language Clinic

  • <deinx nxtxr>
    Message 1 of 148 , Jul 1, 2009
      Lee wrote:

      > For those of you exploring Braille and Braille-like
      > representations, do you also provide Braille-like shortcuts? IIRC
      > many common words and word parts have shortened versions, to help
      > aid the reader's speed.
      >
      > Maybe no one has ever gotten that far yet? Just curious.

      No, I'm not that familiar with Braille. I would have to say no for
      now because I'm guessing that the existing shortcuts are tailored to
      particular languages. Sasxsek does have a handful of standard
      abbreviations, so I suppose those would be a start.
      Message 148 of 148 , Jul 8, 2009
        The following is from the recent Bulwer-Lytton contest.  I wonder if this writer was utilizing Ms. Lisle's methods.....:-)))))

        Winner:
        Fantasy Fiction

        A quest is not to be undertaken lightly--or at all!--pondered Hlothgar, Thrag of the Western Boglands, son of Glothar, nephew of Garthol, known far and wide as
        Skull Dunker, as he wielded his chesty stallion Hralgoth through the ever-darkening Thlargwood, beyond which, if he
        survived its horrors and if Hroglath the royal spittle reader spoke true, his
        destiny awaited--all this though his years numbered but fourteen.

        Stuart Greenman

        Seattle, WA