Re: Hi

  • Vincent Pistelli
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 30 5:39 PM
      Same with me, I found it in my spam folder on GMAIL.

    • Wesley Parish
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
        Very first thing I thought of - seeing as such a mixup of messages is not the
        norm for people on this list, and probably indicates a major untreated
        neuropathology - in other words, the person who wrote such a message is among
        the living dead, and the sooner amputated/dispatched the happier they'll be.

        Wesley Parish

        On Wednesday 01 July 2009 12:39, Vincent Pistelli wrote:
        > Same with me, I found it in my spam folder on GMAIL.
        >
        > On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Eugene Oh <un.doing@...> wrote:
        > > Interestingly, I found the original message in my Spam folder (and was
        > > thus wondering why I hadn't seen this curious specimen of a misdirected
        > > email). More alarmingly, it came with this warning attached, courtesy of
        > > Gmail:
        > >
        > > "Warning: This message may not be from the sender it claims. Note the
        > > links in the message and not give the sender any personal information."
        > >
        > > I guess we now know what happened.
        > >
        > > Eugene
        > >
        > > 2009/6/30 Tony Harris <tony@...>
        > >
        > > > Message wasn't even to me. I just couldn't resist commenting on it,
        > > > and including the comment in my conlangs just because!

        > > Alurhsa:

        > > last

        > > bold

        > > > little

        > > that
        > >
        > > > what

        > > had

        > > > matched

        > > > where the

        > > So

        > > > give

        > > > apologize

        > > > have

        > > > Or

        > > was
        > >
        > > > a lot

        > > > was

        -----
        Are couch potatoes good to eat?
        A nose by any other name would smell as sweet. (By Bacon under the pseudonym
        of Shakespeare)
        -----
        Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?
      • caeruleancentaur
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
          --- In conlang@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Jarrette <anjarrette@...> wrote:

          > You're right, it was not intended to go to the whole list. It was an accident. My apologies to the Conlang list and to the person it was intended for (who shall remain nameless at this point).
          >
          > Andrew

          It seems to me that the person for whom it was intended should remain nameless at ANY point.

          Charlie
        • Bruno Barcelos
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
            FAIL

            Well, this message is so strange...
            I'm from Brazil, so I thought it could be for me, but the content doesn't
            match...
            I don't plan to meet interesting men (not in that meaning) and the attention
            of females is very wanted by me so...

            \o/
          • Mark J. Reed
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 1, 2009
              Could we just stop talking about this, please? Someone sent a message
              to the wrong address. It happens. Dwelling on it is just going to
              make them feel worse. The polite thing to do in this situation is to
              pretend it never happened.

              Also, Bruno, nobody here cares which way you lean, OK? Protesting
              your non-gayness is unnecessary and might give one the impression that
              you think there's something wrong with being gay.

              --
              Mark J. Reed <markjreed@...>
            • Bruno Barcelos
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 2, 2009
                Mistakes happen, I know. But I think making fun of them is the reason for
                life. Life is a joke, laugh now 'cause you won't at the end...

                I'm not against homosexuality... I just found it funny...
              • Jack Johnson
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 8, 2012
                  Hi guys. I have my own conlang in the works. It is called Ranza (for
                  Esperanza, in honor of Esperanto) and the three components include a
                  sign language.

                  The contents of it's current two files are:

                  CSL.odt

                  Syntax for a constructed sign language

                  Verbs:

                  Tense-Verb-Plurality

                  Nouns:

                  Adjective-Noun-Plurality

                  Adjectives are stated before nouns.

                  The word order in verb sentences is SVO, like in English to aid use when
                  a small village of deaf English-speaking people convert to this sign
                  language (Esperanza Sign Language, named in honour of Esperanto's
                  attempts at a world spoken interlingua).

                  For a writing system, simply videotape. Or use English. Esperanto will
                  do too.

                  Participant-based Evolution -- the participants of the language are it's
                  users.

                  To keep the system deliberately simple to Frenchmen who do not want to
                  get involved with the normal language for deaf Frenchmen, for example,
                  each word will be composed of many signs (about 750 in total, to
                  represent basic concepts although more should be added, I'll seed the
                  first 25). And the language speakers are advised to keep it that way,
                  although they can invent new signs and words to mean new things.

                  So, we have:

                  Adjective-Root-Suffix(es)-Plurality

                  for nouns.

                  A word will go like this: grey-calculator-coloured-graphics-one to mean
                  the grey computer.

                  The colours will be letters rotated 90 degrees in the direction of the
                  word progression, for 15 colours on the rainbow.

                  Pluralities: Zero One Two More than two.

                  Numbers will be neither nouns nor verbs, and will be units-first. There
                  will be 0, 1-9.

                  So 94966 will be said as 66949 . Prefixed with the sign for invert,
                  numbers can be said largest-first.

                  These methods are also used for Ranza in speech and writing.
                • Jack Johnson
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 8, 2012
                    The prefixing in numbers is only for the sign variant, and since this
                    conlang is in beta, we're going to use one-handed signs from ASL initially.
                    The spoken? Ha...
                  • Nikolay Ivankov
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 8, 2012
                      The prefixing in numbers: is it for the sake of originality or it has its
                      practical benefits? I mean, saying something like "twenty five
                      million forty five thousand one hundred fifteen" gives you the order of the
                      quantity first. However, there may be some useful properties of inverse
                      notation I just can't guess right away.

                      On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Jack Johnson
                      <jforjackjohnson@...>wrote:

                      > Hi guys. I have my own conlang in the works. It is called Ranza (for
                      > Esperanza, in honor of Esperanto) and the three components include a sign
                      > language.
                      >
                      > The contents of it's current two files are:
                      >
                      > CSL.odt
                      >
                      > Syntax for a constructed sign language
                      >
                      > Verbs:
                      >
                      > Tense-Verb-Plurality
                      >
                      > Nouns:
                      >
                      > Adjective-Noun-Plurality
                      >
                      > Adjectives are stated before nouns.
                      >
                      > The word order in verb sentences is SVO, like in English to aid use when a
                      > small village of deaf English-speaking people convert to this sign language
                      > (Esperanza Sign Language, named in honour of Esperanto's attempts at a
                      > world spoken interlingua).
                      >
                      > For a writing system, simply videotape. Or use English. Esperanto will do
                      > too.
                      >
                      > Participant-based Evolution -- the participants of the language are it's
                      > users.
                      >
                      > To keep the system deliberately simple to Frenchmen who do not want to get
                      > involved with the normal language for deaf Frenchmen, for example, each
                      > word will be composed of many signs (about 750 in total, to represent basic
                      > concepts although more should be added, I'll seed the first 25). And the
                      > language speakers are advised to keep it that way, although they can invent
                      > new signs and words to mean new things.
                      >
                      > So, we have:
                      >
                      > Adjective-Root-Suffix(es)-**Plurality
                      >
                      > for nouns.
                      >
                      > A word will go like this: grey-calculator-coloured-**graphics-one to mean
                      > the grey computer.
                      >
                      > The colours will be letters rotated 90 degrees in the direction of the
                      > word progression, for 15 colours on the rainbow.
                      >
                      > Pluralities: Zero One Two More than two.
                      >
                      > Numbers will be neither nouns nor verbs, and will be units-first. There
                      > will be 0, 1-9.
                      >
                      > So 94966 will be said as 66949 . Prefixed with the sign for invert,
                      > numbers can be said largest-first.
                      >

                      > These methods are also used for Ranza in speech and writing.

                    • Brian Weekes
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 3, 2013