Re: CHAT: Guy Fawkes Day

  • Peter Collier
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
      Why, is something happening there on Tuesday? ;)

      Actually, the media focus is no different right-of-pond.

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
        Nope, you can't watch the news without 1/3rd (well, seems to be even
        more now) of it being spend on the US elections. Not even our national
        elections get that much airtime.
      • dustinmetzger@GMAIL.COM
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2008
          Ouch. It could always be worse; you could be from a hotly contested battleground state. If anything interesting has happened locally in the last month I won't know about it until the end of the week, longer if the vote is close. It's been 100% election coveragem
          Nope, you can't watch the news without 1/3rd (well, seems to be even
          more now) of it being spend on the US elections. Not even our national
          elections get that much airtime.

        • Wesley Parish
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 5, 2008
            You must know, of course, that Guy was the first person to go to Parliament
            with honest intentions. :)

            On Tuesday 04 November 2008 06:57, Eldin Raigmore wrote:
            > I wanted to take this opportunity to be the first (?) on the list this year
            > to wish everyone on the list a happy Guy Fawkes day this coming Wednesday.

            -----
            Gaul is quartered into three halves. Things which are
            impossible are equal to each other. Guerrilla
            warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
            Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective wisdom
            of the foolish.
            -----
            Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?