requesting help from German-speakers with ULD

  • Rick Harrison
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
      I am making a revision of the Universal Language Dictionary, a wordlist
      which was born here on Conlang list in the early 1990s. (Maybe it is the
      first collaborative project that started here?)

      I suspect that some of the German data needs to be improved. It is rather
      time-consuming, but if any German-speakers are able to look for errors and
      send me a list of corrections, I will be grateful. You can go to
      http://www.uld3.org/uld27/index.html and read the chapters online.
      Alternatively, if you prefer to view XML documents in a text editor, you can
      download the XML file.
    • Holger Ebermann
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2008
        hello RICK,

        should this only be a revision of the right spelling or also of the correctness? son nopa, HOLGER
        -------- Original-Nachricht --------
        > Datum: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 11:07:37 -0400
        > Von: Rick Harrison <rick@...>
        > An: CONLANG@...
        > Betreff: requesting help from German-speakers with ULD

        > I am making a revision of the Universal Language Dictionary, a wordlist
        > which was born here on Conlang list in the early 1990s. (Maybe it is the
        > first collaborative project that started here?)
        >
        > I suspect that some of the German data needs to be improved. It is rather
        > time-consuming, but if any German-speakers are able to look for errors and
        > send me a list of corrections, I will be grateful. You can go to
        > http://www.uld3.org/uld27/index.html and read the chapters online.
        > Alternatively, if you prefer to view XML documents in a text editor, you
        > can
        > download the XML file.

      • Rick Harrison
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2008
          On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 21:52:52 +0200, Holger Ebermann <holger800@...> wrote:

          >hello RICK,
          >
          >should this only be a revision of the right spelling or also of the
          correctness? son nopa, HOLGER

          Hello, I hope to have both right spellings and also correct meanings.

          This evening I published some corrections given to me by Henrik Theiling and
          Harald Stolber. Thanks, guys.

          I realize that I have poorly defined some of the common little words like
          "but" and "any." Sorry about that. I will try to write better definitions of
          the underlying concepts and make the ULD less dependent on English in future
          versions.