Re: What happened to the CSUR? (< TECH: Unicode Private Use Area)

  • MorphemeAddict@WMCONNECT.COM
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 2, 2008
      In a message dated 2/2/2008 11:52:41 AM Central Standard Time, andjo@...
      writes:

      > An actual concern might be non-little conscripts - wouldn't be surprised if
      > someone's invented their own logographic script with thousands of characters.
      >
      > Andreas

      I made one once for Klingon, but it was more like Hangul than like Hanzi.

      stevo </HTML>
    • Rebecca Bettencourt
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 2, 2008
        On Feb 7, 2008 5:44 AM, <li_sasxsek@...> wrote:
        > I only wish I knew how to get in touch with them. I e-mailed
        > them months ago with the Deini script (ED00-ED1F) but apparently
        > nobody's bothing to maintain the site any more.
        > http://www.nutter.net/dana/language/deini_script.pdf

        I'd like to know how to get in touch with them too. I've been trying
        to get these in there:
        http://www.kreativekorp.com/mikiana/script.shtml
        http://www.kreativekorp.com/mikiana/glaitha-a.html
        http://www.kreativekorp.com/mikiana/glaitha-b.html

        The site says it was last updated on 2006-05-28. Where are the people
        in charge of it?

        --
        Hasta la pasta,
        Rebecca Bettencourt.

        "I could counter with the fact that a disproportionate number of TG
        women I know are computer programmers. ::grin:: In fact, there's a
        joke going around that says exposure to computer screens causes
        transsexuality." -- Kate Bornstein
      • David J. Peterson
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 2, 2008
          Thanks everyone for the extremely informative and useful
          replies you gave! This is exactly the information I was looking
          for.

          Mark:
          <<
          It in no way keeps other groups of
          people (or differently-minded conlangers) from using it differently.
          But its use facilitates the use of conlang text on places like
          FrathWiki that would otherwise have to house large image collections
          to display it all.

          As FrathWiki viewers, then, we would have to download a bunch
          of fonts. Maybe someone could create a FrathWiki font that included
          all the conlang unicode fonts...?

          Andreas:
          <<
          An actual concern might be non-little conscripts - wouldn't be
          surprised if
          someone's invented their own logographic script with thousands of
          characters.

          Indeed. I've created a dynamic* font for Kamakawi that has over
          400 glyphs so far (it's not done yet).

          * I got the term "dynamic" regarding writing systems from
          Trent Pehrson. I just searched for his site to check to see if I'd
          gotten the term right, but it looks as if his site is down! Anyone
          have any contact with him? If he took his site down, that would
          be an incredible loss for the conlanging community as a whole.

          -David

          -Jim Morrison

          http://dedalvs.free.fr/
        • li_sasxsek@NUTTER.NET
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 3, 2008
            > [mailto:CONLANG@...] On Behalf Of Rebecca
            Bettencourt

            > On Feb 7, 2008 5:44 AM, <li_sasxsek@...> wrote:
            > > I only wish I knew how to get in touch with them. I
            e-mailed
            > > them months ago with the Deini script (ED00-ED1F) but
            apparently
            > > nobody's bothing to maintain the site any more.
            > > http://www.nutter.net/dana/language/deini_script.pdf
            >
            > I'd like to know how to get in touch with them too. I've been
            trying
            > to get these in there:
            > http://www.kreativekorp.com/mikiana/script.shtml
            > http://www.kreativekorp.com/mikiana/glaitha-a.html
            > http://www.kreativekorp.com/mikiana/glaitha-b.html
            >
            > The site says it was last updated on 2006-05-28. Where are the
            people
            > in charge of it?

            My e-mails to them have gone unanswered so I'm certainly not the
            one to say. If anyone our there knows of a way to contact
            someone at Evertype about the CSUR, please let us know.