Re: translations of HTTP 404

  • andrew
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2007
      On Sat, 01 Dec 2007, Wesley Parish wrote:

      > -.. Mäori Käore kai könei te mea! It's not here!
      > Mäori Vaed'rae! Ta krenn - ai hnhaudr ne hrrau etrehh. Jolan Tru!

      One of these looks passably like te Reo Maori; I wonder what the second
      one is.

      - andrew.
    • Eric Christopherson
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2007
        On Dec 2, 2007, at 12:12 AM, andrew wrote:

        > On Sat, 01 Dec 2007, Wesley Parish wrote:
        >
        >> -.. Mäori Käore kai könei te mea! It's not here!
        >> Mäori Vaed'rae! Ta krenn - ai hnhaudr ne hrrau etrehh. Jolan Tru!
        >
        > One of these looks passably like te Reo Maori; I wonder what the
        > second
        > one is.

        It appears to be Romulan (according to http://members.aol.com/
        JPKlingon/rom.html ).
      • caeruleancentaur
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
          >Jeffrey Jones <jsjonesmiami@...> wrote:

          >The MNCL5 translation is very dull:

          I don't think the sentence really lends itself to a sparkling
          translation. :-)

          I came up with 2 possible translations in Senjecas:

          1) jeti tus pemho vaalos esa ne.
          REL.PART you seek page is not.

          I used the Spanish idea that leaf = page.

          2) pemhaþo vaalos esa ne.
          sought page is not.

          [mh] = /m_0/

          Charlie
        • Carsten Becker
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
            Hi,

            In Standard German you'd rather say

            Die gesuchte Seite konnte nicht gefunden werden.
            The:f search-PPTCP-f page can.PST.3s not find-PPTCP become

            (PPTCP = past participle)

            In my home region (Waldecker Land, Northern Hesse, Germany) you might hear:

            Disse Seite kann nit gefun'n wer'n.

            or just

            Ich kann disse Seite nit fin'n. (disse = /dIz@/)

            AFMC, that'd probably be:

            Ming pasungara eda-baloyley (si balangvāng).
            Can NPST-find-3s this=page-PAT (REL search-2:AGT)

            Regards
            Carsten

            --
            Palayena, Limbuy 11, 2317 ya 24:52:15 pd
            Sunday, December 2, 2007 at 07:51:29 pm
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
              Patahanyang (I have just written):

              >AFMC, that'd probably be:
              >
              > Ming pasungara eda-baloyley (si balangvāng).
              > Can NPST-find-3s this=page-PAT (REL search-2:AGT)

              Sorry. Of course that should've been _pasungoyara_ and _NPST-find-NEG-3s_

              Carsten
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
                In TAKE:

                το σε ζήτει σφε σελίδο ου δύνα εύρε