Re: translations of HTTP 404

  • Geoff Horswood
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2007
      The Franj is not all that spectacular, either:

      Isni! Nen at trovulu li barat kù serxis-tù
      /'Is.ni: nE~n a:t 'trov.Ul.u li 'ba.rat kY 'sEr.Sis
      tY/
      Isni! Nen at trov.ul.u li barat kù serx.is-tù
      oops! not PRS_PF find.PSS.PF the(m_sgl) page which
      search_for.PRS-you

      PRS present tense
      PF perfective
      PSS passive

      The thing is, I'm not sure about "page" in this
      context. I'm tempted to go with something like
      "màlàmhànà" ("place of data") or similar, though come
      to think about it, that would be more likely to be a
      tourist information bureau or similar.

      Geoff

      > >From
      >
      >http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/gui/windos/
      > >I find:
      > >
      > >404 FILE NOT FOUND
      > > Auê! (oops!) The page you are looking for is no
      > longer on ibiblio.org or has
      > >been moved.
      > >

      > >http://www.ibiblio.org/help
      > >--
      > >Clinersterton beademung, with all of love - RIP
      > James Blish
      > >-----
      > >Gaul is quartered into three halves. Things which
      > are
      > >impossible are equal to each other. Guerrilla
      > >warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
      > >Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective
      > wisdom
      > >of the foolish.
      > >-----
      > >Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?
      > >You ask, what is the most important thing?
      > >Maku e ki, he tangata, he tangata, he tangata.
      > >I reply, it is people, it is people, it is people.

      =====

      Lost in thought - please send out search party

      Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/
    • andrew
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2007
        On Sat, 01 Dec 2007, Wesley Parish wrote:

        > -.. Mäori Käore kai könei te mea! It's not here!
        > Mäori Vaed'rae! Ta krenn - ai hnhaudr ne hrrau etrehh. Jolan Tru!

        One of these looks passably like te Reo Maori; I wonder what the second
        one is.

        - andrew.
      • Eric Christopherson
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2007
          On Dec 2, 2007, at 12:12 AM, andrew wrote:

          > On Sat, 01 Dec 2007, Wesley Parish wrote:
          >
          >> -.. Mäori Käore kai könei te mea! It's not here!
          >> Mäori Vaed'rae! Ta krenn - ai hnhaudr ne hrrau etrehh. Jolan Tru!
          >
          > One of these looks passably like te Reo Maori; I wonder what the
          > second
          > one is.

          It appears to be Romulan (according to http://members.aol.com/
          JPKlingon/rom.html ).
        • caeruleancentaur
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
            >Jeffrey Jones <jsjonesmiami@...> wrote:

            >The MNCL5 translation is very dull:

            I don't think the sentence really lends itself to a sparkling
            translation. :-)

            I came up with 2 possible translations in Senjecas:

            1) jeti tus pemho vaalos esa ne.
            REL.PART you seek page is not.

            I used the Spanish idea that leaf = page.

            2) pemhaþo vaalos esa ne.
            sought page is not.

            [mh] = /m_0/

            Charlie
          • Carsten Becker
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
              Hi,

              In Standard German you'd rather say

              Die gesuchte Seite konnte nicht gefunden werden.
              The:f search-PPTCP-f page can.PST.3s not find-PPTCP become

              (PPTCP = past participle)

              In my home region (Waldecker Land, Northern Hesse, Germany) you might hear:

              Disse Seite kann nit gefun'n wer'n.

              or just

              Ich kann disse Seite nit fin'n. (disse = /dIz@/)

              AFMC, that'd probably be:

              Ming pasungara eda-baloyley (si balangvāng).
              Can NPST-find-3s this=page-PAT (REL search-2:AGT)

              Regards
              Carsten

              --
              Palayena, Limbuy 11, 2317 ya 24:52:15 pd
              Sunday, December 2, 2007 at 07:51:29 pm
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
                Patahanyang (I have just written):

                >AFMC, that'd probably be:
                >
                > Ming pasungara eda-baloyley (si balangvāng).
                > Can NPST-find-3s this=page-PAT (REL search-2:AGT)

                Sorry. Of course that should've been _pasungoyara_ and _NPST-find-NEG-3s_

                Carsten
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 2, 2007
                  In TAKE:

                  το σε ζήτει σφε σελίδο ου δύνα εύρε