Consummatum est

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 30, 2007
      Finally. The rules for sound change, Proto > Modern Gwr.

      http://cinduworld.tripod.com/gwr_rules.pdf

      Comments, criticisms all welcome. (I see I forgot to delete at least one
      note to myself.....)
    • MorphemeAddict@WMCONNECT.COM
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 30, 2007
        Silly me.
        I thought this was going to be a GREX post.

        stevo </HTML>
      • Eric Christopherson
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 30, 2007
          On Mar 30, 2007, at 4:59 PM, MorphemeAddict@... wrote:

          > Silly me.
          > I thought this was going to be a GREX post.

          GREX?
        • MorphemeAddict@WMCONNECT.COM
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 30, 2007
            In a message dated 3/30/2007 5:32:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
            rakko@... writes:

            > > Silly me.
            > > I thought this was going to be a GREX post.
            >
            > GREX?

            A Latin-only list I subscribe to.

            stevo </HTML>
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 31, 2007
              Hallo!

              On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:42:27 -0400, Roger Mills wrote:

              > Finally. The rules for sound change, Proto > Modern Gwr.
              >
              > http://cinduworld.tripod.com/gwr_rules.pdf
              >
              > Comments, criticisms all welcome. (I see I forgot to delete at least one
              > note to myself.....)

              While I haven't studied it in detail yet, my impression on first reading
              is that it ROCKS. Very detailed and plausible, the kind of stuff I like
              most. Hurrah!

              ... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 31, 2007
                Hallo!

                Addendum: More examples would help. You use a lot of feature notation,
                which is a convenient way to formulate rules that affect entire classes
                of phonemes, but look somewhat obscure because you don't see what it
                looks like in practice.

                ... brought to you by the Weeping Elf
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 31, 2007
                  Jörg Rhiemeier wrote:

                  > Addendum: More examples would help. You use a lot of feature notation,
                  > which is a convenient way to formulate rules that affect entire classes
                  > of phonemes, but look somewhat obscure because you don't see what it
                  > looks like in practice.

                  I agree. I meant to, and actually began an Appendix with example
                  derivations; but it was getting way too long...and complicated, and making
                  me brain hurt...
                  I'll try to do more with the Appendix, and add it at some point.
                • Jeffrey Jones
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 31, 2007
                    On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:42:27 -0400, Roger Mills <rfmilly@...> wrote:

                    >Finally. The rules for sound change, Proto > Modern Gwr.
                    >
                    >http://cinduworld.tripod.com/gwr_rules.pdf
                    >
                    >Comments, criticisms all welcome. (I see I forgot to delete at least one
                    >note to myself.....)

                    Congratulations, it's a major work.

                    I'm afraid I didn't get very far into it though.