Re: Phonological equivalent of "The quick brown fox..."

    Message 1 of 44 , Feb 2 2:29 AM
      Joseph Fatula wrote:

      >> I'll give it a shot:
      >>
      >> - Let's choose to put half the shouting Cuban spider monkeys on Joy's
      >> wide garage instead of in your eighth hat.

      There's no /Z/ for those of us who have 'garage' rhyme with marriage &
      carriage.

      >> - Thrice I howled with the young boy, not praising the look of each
      >> cabbage going on Sam's usual shelf.
      >>
      >> Hopefully I'm not missing any.
      >>

      > No, the second one's missing the "oo" of "boot". Let's try:
      >
      > - Thrice I howled with the young boy, not praising the root of each
      > cabbage going on Sam's usual bookshelf.

      They're both missing _wh_ in when, what etc., methinks.

      ray@...
      Nid rhy hen neb i ddysgu.
      There's none too old to learn.
      [WELSH PROVERB}
    • Daniel Prohaska
      Message 44 of 44 , Feb 12 5:05 AM
        Thank you Mark, that is indeed all I wanted to say: In my lect I have
        phonemically contrastive vowel quanity.

        Dan