Re: Phonological equivalent of "The quick brown fox..."

  • Philip Newton
    Message 1 of 44 , Feb 1, 2007
      On 2/1/07, Sai Emrys <sai@...> wrote:
      > "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" is used to test
      > typewriters because it contains all the letters of English.

      It's missing an 's'.

      Perhaps you meant "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog"?

      (Which also replaces the second 'the' by 'a', for a saving of two letters.)

      Cheers,
      --
      Philip Newton <philip.newton@...>
    • Daniel Prohaska
      Message 44 of 44 , Feb 12, 2007
        Thank you Mark, that is indeed all I wanted to say: In my lect I have
        phonemically contrastive vowel quanity.

        Dan