Re: Kalusa conlang in review - is it working?

  • Feaelin Moilar
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2006
      > This is a vicious cycle because the more people drop out, the less
      > interesting the project becomes for the remaining people.
      > Maybe regular progress reports / recruiting drives on
      > CONLANG-L, ZBB and so forth would help offset this a bit.

      For example, I was blissfully unaware of Kalusa, despite lurking on this
      list. No doubt presented during my very busy period where I only read
      small portions of the conlang list.

      This discussion has sparked my interest and I'll be peeking at it over the
      next week or so. :)

      Iain
    • Iain E. Davis
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2006
        > For example, I was blissfully unaware of Kalusa, despite
        > lurking on this list. No doubt presented during my very busy
        > period where I only read small portions of the conlang list.
        >
        > This discussion has sparked my interest and I'll be peeking
        > at it over the next week or so. :)

        Are the dictionaries auto-generated? The Kalusa to English seems to end
        unexpectedly at the beginning of 'r'.

        Iain
      • Gary Shannon
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 3, 2006
          --- "Iain E. Davis" <feaelin@...> wrote:

          > > For example, I was blissfully unaware of Kalusa, despite
          > > lurking on this list. No doubt presented during my very busy
          > > period where I only read small portions of the conlang list.
          > >
          > > This discussion has sparked my interest and I'll be peeking
          > > at it over the next week or so. :)
          >
          > Are the dictionaries auto-generated? The Kalusa to English seems to end
          > unexpectedly at the beginning of 'r'.
          >
          > Iain

          I started generating the dictionary by hand and then realized I couldn't keep
          up with it that way, so I put it on my To-Do list to generate it
          programmatically. About that time I got a new job that has been occupying a lot
          of my time and I haven't gotten around to getting it done yet, so the
          dictionary is hopelessly obsolete at the moment.

          --gary
        • Iain E. Davis
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 4, 2006
            > I started generating the dictionary by hand and then realized
            > I couldn't keep up with it that way, so I put it on my To-Do
            > list to generate it programmatically. About that time I got a
            > new job that has been occupying a lot of my time and I
            > haven't gotten around to getting it done yet, so the
            > dictionary is hopelessly obsolete at the moment.

            I understand completely! I have similar issues due to resuming a degree
            program after a 10 year hiatus...in fact, I should be studying right now!

            I'll take any other questions I have to the Kalusa mailing list, I hadn't
            realized there was one when I sent my earlier message. :)

            Iain