Re: A ravening of ravens

  • Yahya Abdal-Aziz
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 2, 2006
      Hi Phillip,

      Yes, indeed, I'd forgotten that, as indeed other
      terms having both formal (ethnological) and casual
      usage, such as "totem", "skin" and "moiety".

      Regards,
      Yahya

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 8, 2006
        I came upon this thread regarding how collective and similar categories can
        be arranged. Ithkuil has a very rich morphology in this regard. Stems
        inflect for nine Configurations (which describe the physical nature of sets,
        assortments, collections, composites, arrangements, fuzzy sets, segmented
        wholes, etc.), four Affiliations (which describe whether the Configurative
        set is natural, by design, random, or an emergent gestalt), and four
        Perspectives (which are the closest thing to Western number categories).