[Conlangs-Conf] T-shirts & other gear - how to get yours

  • Sai Emrys
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2006
      Here's how to order your very own conference gear. The page for this
      on the website should be updated soon (once Ellen has some time free),
      but I'm telling y'all now.

      We have two shops - CafePress and Zazzle. CafePress has some mugs,
      stickers, and buttons. Zazzle has a bunch of shirts and some stamps.
      [Note - the stamps have to get approved for content, so they may take
      a few days to show up in the Zazzle shop.]

      Zazzle offers lower prices and more customizability than CafePress.
      You can modify your shirts in various ways - e.g. change the text on
      the back (or the font), the colors, etc.

      URLs:
      CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/conlangs
      Zazzle - http://zazzle.com/conlangs* <- Yes, with a star - adding it
      means we magically get 70% more royalty, so please keep it there if
      you post a link.

      You have two options to buy:

      1. Order it yourself, to your own address, via CafePress and/or
      Zazzle. Nice and easy, but no bulk discount.

      2. IF it is a Zazzle item, AND you will be at the conference, AND it
      is currently before April 13th - you can order it through me using
      PayPal.

      Go through the steps of checking it out the normal way, until Zazzle
      gives you the "subtotal" - i.e. including estimated shipping cost and
      any quantity discounts on your own number of items. Subtract 8%, and
      PayPal that amount to me using the form on the website. Be sure to
      note EXACTLY what you want in the text fields - i.e. which item, what
      size, what color and type of shirt, and any customizations you want.
      (E.g.: "gold on dark t-shirt, navy blue, adult L, no customization".)

      This will net you the 8% (plus not having to pay the tax) discount.
      (E.g. that shirt would normally cost you $28.43+tax; via this option,
      it'd be $24.09. Two would be $49.62, or $48.63 via this.)

      Don't order more than one "item" through paypal - those fields are
      just for your convenience to describe what you want. Just make it one
      lump sum payment.

      You can of course still order Zazzle items yourself directly; this
      just provides a way for them to be bulk ordered without having to
      guess at how much to stock, etc.

      Hopefully that's clear enough. If you want any more options to choose
      from in terms of design, please let me and/or Ellen know, and we'll
      try to add 'em.

      Enjoy,
      Sai