Conlangs gathering?

  • Sai Emrys
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 23, 2005
      I'm starting a student group as a parallel org to my conlangs class at
      Berkeley. (I'm teaching it again next seemester, assuming adequate
      enrollment; I'll be doing it as a smaller-workload [1-2 unit, not 3-4]
      hands-on bottom-up class, and cut out as much of the lecturey stuff as
      I can.)

      What this means is that I will have access to funding. Possibly major
      funding, if the ASUC thinks it's worth it.

      ... so... Who would be interested in attending a conlangs convention
      at UC Berkeley, if it were held sometime between now and June?

      - Sai

      P.S. My conlangs class videos from '05 are now on Google.
      http://video.google.com -> search for 'conlangs'. Much spiffier than
      the 'download the whole thing first' versions on archive.org, but
      suffers from occasionally bad audioo/video sync. (Quality is otherwise
      fine.)
    • Arthaey Angosii
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2006
        Emaelivpeith Sai Emrys:
        > What this means is that I will have access to funding. Possibly major
        > funding, if the ASUC thinks it's worth it.
        >
        > ... so... Who would be interested in attending a conlangs convention
        > at UC Berkeley, if it were held sometime between now and June?

        Depending on exactly when it was scheduled, I'd drive up from the
        central coast to attend. :) Keep us posted!

        --
        AA
        http://conlang.arthaey.com/
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2006
          On Jan 3, 2006, at 2:54 PM, Arthaey Angosii wrote:
          > Emaelivpeith Sai Emrys:
          >> What this means is that I will have access to funding. Possibly major
          >> funding, if the ASUC thinks it's worth it.
          >> ... so... Who would be interested in attending a conlangs convention
          >> at UC Berkeley, if it were held sometime between now and June?

          > Depending on exactly when it was scheduled, I'd drive up from the
          > central coast to attend. :) Keep us posted!
          > --
          > AA
          > http://conlang.arthaey.com/

          Luckily the system hasn't actually NOMAIL'd me yet, so i'd be very
          interested!

          -Stephen (Steg)
        • Kris Kowal
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2006
            > Depending on exactly when it was scheduled, I'd drive up from the
            > central coast to attend. :) Keep us posted!
            > --
            > AA
            > http://conlang.arthaey.com/

            Also depending, we central coastians could carpool.
            --
            KK
            http://cixar.com/~kris.kowal/