ANNOUNCE: Tesäfköm Webpage

  • Henrik Theiling
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2005
      Hi!

      I created an initial webpage for my new Conlang Tesäfköm, or S11.
      It's quite small and in an embrionic state, but phonotactics and a
      vague impression of the morphosyntax are already there. No words yet,
      so it's all a bit abstract. I hope you still like it.

      http://www.theiling.de/conlang/s11/

      Bye,
      Henrik
    • Jeffrey Jones
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2005
        On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:41:32 +0200, Henrik Theiling <theiling@...>
        wrote:

        >Hi!
        >
        >I created an initial webpage for my new Conlang Tesäfköm, or S11.
        >It's quite small and in an embrionic state, but phonotactics and a
        >vague impression of the morphosyntax are already there. No words yet,
        >so it's all a bit abstract. I hope you still like it.
        >
        >http://www.theiling.de/conlang/s11/
        >
        >Bye,
        > Henrik

        I notice that under Vowels, [u] and [o] are listed as unrounded.

        Jeff

      • Henrik Theiling
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 31, 2005
          Hi!

          Jeffrey Jones <jsjonesmiami@...> writes:
          > On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 21:41:32 +0200, Henrik Theiling <theiling@...>
          > >I created an initial webpage for my new Conlang Tesäfköm, or S11.
          > >It's quite small and in an embrionic state, but phonotactics and a
          ...embryonic...
          > >vague impression of the morphosyntax are already there. No words yet,
          > >so it's all a bit abstract. I hope you still like it.
          > >
          > >http://www.theiling.de/conlang/s11/
          > I notice that under Vowels, [u] and [o] are listed as unrounded.

          Oops, embarassing. :-) The swapped columns are fixed.

          **Henrik
        • Henrik Theiling
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
            Hi!

            Jörg Rhiemeier <joerg_rhiemeier@...> writes:
            > Henrik Theiling wrote:
            >
            > > Hi!
            > >
            > > I created an initial webpage for my new Conlang Tesäfköm, or S11.
            > > It's quite small and in an embrionic state, but phonotactics and a
            > > vague impression of the morphosyntax are already there. No words yet,
            > > so it's all a bit abstract. I hope you still like it.
            > >
            > > http://www.theiling.de/conlang/s11/
            >
            > One question: why do you call it a "constructed NATURAL human
            > language"?

            O_O! Very good question. I don't know.

            I copied that text snippet from S9. And there, from S7...

            I think I'll delete that word, then.

            **Henrik
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
              Hallo!

              Henrik Theiling wrote:

              > Hi!
              >
              > I created an initial webpage for my new Conlang Tesäfköm, or S11.
              > It's quite small and in an embrionic state, but phonotactics and a
              > vague impression of the morphosyntax are already there. No words yet,
              > so it's all a bit abstract. I hope you still like it.
              >
              > http://www.theiling.de/conlang/s11/

              One question: why do you call it a "constructed NATURAL human
              language"? This IMHO only makes sense to say in the case of
              a fictional human ethnic language, and Tesäfköm doesn't look
              naturalistic enough for that (which doesn't mean that it's a
              bad conlang - it is just not naturalistic).

              Greetings,

              Jörg.
            • (no author)
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
                Simon Clarkstone wrote:

                >On 7/24/05, # 1 <salut_vous_autre@...> wrote:
                > > Last night, I tought of a new conlang.
                >[snip]
                > > The consonants are:
                >[snip]
                > > L\_o_r = khh (unvoiced lateral velar fricative)
                >Isn't /_r_o/ (raised+lowered) a contradiction? I assume you mean
                >/_r_0/ (raised+voiceless) which is kinda supported by all "/_o/"
                >phonemes having latin letters corresponding to unvoiced european
                >consonants.

                Ho you're right! that's what I meant.

                > > B\_o = c (billabial flap)
                >[snip]
                > > R\_o = x (uvular flap)
                >... and these two would now make more sense; you can't pronounce a lowered
                >flap.
                >
                >[snip]
                > > Comments? Remarks?
                >Apart from the (AFAICT) CXS confusion, it looks nice and odd.
                >
                >src/

                Thanks for correcting my mistakes

                - Max
              • Benct Philip Jonsson
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
                  Henrik Theiling skrev:

                  >>One question: why do you call it a "constructed NATURAL human
                  >>language"?
                  >

                  > O_O! Very good question. I don't know.
                  >
                  > I copied that text snippet from S9. And there, from S7...
                  >
                  > I think I'll delete that word, then.

                  Or replace it by "naturalistic".
                  I had the same conundrum once.

                  --

                  /BP 8^)>

                  Solitudinem faciunt pacem appellant!
                  (Tacitus)
                • Henrik Theiling
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
                    Hi!

                    Benct Philip Jonsson <bpj@...> writes:
                    > Henrik Theiling skrev:
                    >
                    > >>One question: why do you call it a "constructed NATURAL human
                    > >>language"?
                    > > O_O! Very good question. I don't know.
                    > > I copied that text snippet from S9. And there, from S7...
                    > > I think I'll delete that word, then.
                    >
                    > Or replace it by "naturalistic".
                    > I had the same conundrum once.

                    Well, Jörg is right: it is not naturalistic at all. :-)

                    And I actually would not label any of my conlangs 'naturalistic'.
                    Too much engineering in all of them.

                    **Henrik