Navajo Evening Prayer in Senyecan

  • caeruleancentaur
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2005
      hózhóogo naasháa doo
      in-beauty I-walk

      mêngëtan èna mutêrpa
      eauty in I-walk

      shitsijí' hózhóogo naasháa doo
      before-me in-beauty I-walk

      mum ánta mêngëtan èna mutêrpa
      me before beauty in I-walk

      shikéédéé' hózhóogo naasháa doo
      behind-me in-beauty I-walk

      mum pósa mêngëtan èna mutêrpa
      me behind beauty in I-walk

      shideigi hózhóogo naasháa doo
      above-me in-beauty I-walk

      mum úpa mêngëtan èna mutêrpa
      me behind beauty in I-walk

      t'áá a£tso shinaagóó hózhóogo naasháa doo (£
      = l slash)
      around-me in-beauty I-walk

      mum àmva mêngëtan èna mutêrpa
      me around beauty in I-walk

      hózhó náhásdlíí'
      beauty has-become-again

      mêngëtan µèru nàtëtââla
      beauty again it-has-become

      A few of the Navajo vowels had ogoneks which I could not reproduce
      here.

      Charlie
      http:\\wiki.frath.net/user:ceruleancentaur
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
        Ancient history :-) found in my Saved file:
        Charlie wrote, on 31/05/05:

        > hózhóogo naasháa doo
        > in-beauty I-walk

        ri amirik maharan

        > shitsijí' hózhóogo naasháa doo
        > before-me in-beauty I-walk

        ri amirik ri kandimi maharan

        > shikéédéé' hózhóogo naasháa doo
        > behind-me in-beauty I-walk

        ri amirik ri çelumbi maharan

        > shideigi hózhóogo naasháa doo
        > above-me in-beauty I-walk

        ri amirik rivitami maharan

        > t'áá a£tso shinaagóó hózhóogo naasháa doo (£ = l slash)
        > around-me in-beauty I-walk

        ri amirik ri ciyumbri maharan

        > hózhó náhásdlíí'
        > beauty has-become-again

        ?* e amirik cis yayukar (literal, but odd)
        ? e amirik cis yayuka-yukar ("beauty happens again")
        ? e amirik cis yaçukale ("beauty begins-to-be ~beauty exists again")

        Of these three, #1 is odd because yukar usu. requires a compliment--
        "becomes _something_". #2,3 are more grammatical, and I feel #3 may be
        closer to the Navajo (which is not entirely clear...). Perhaps "e amirik
        cis yaçutikas" ...becomes visible ~emerges...??? Also, inserting "mende"
        (the perfect marker) between cis and the verb would translate the "has
        become" more exactly, but I'm not sure it's necessary... (however, it would
        improve the metre :-)) )

        Yet another alternative (which I like better):
        maharan yam amirik "I walk _with/accompanied by_ beauty" etc.
        maharan yam amirik ri kandimi
        maharan yam amirik ri çelumbi
        maharan yam amirik ri vitami
        maharan yam amirik ri ciyumbri
        e amirik cis yaçukale (omit the ya- for better metre)