203018Re: Labialization in Senjecas

  • C. Brickner
    May 7, 2014
      From: "BPJ" <bpj@...>
      To: CONLANG@...
      Sent: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 6:45:13 AM
      Subject: Re: Labialization in Senjecas

      The question is also when the Senjecas Cyrillicization was
      devised, and by whom. IIRC the language is supposed to be spoken
      by immortal or longaeval beings, in which case the choices made
      by 20th century Soviet linguists may be irrelevant.

      Yes, immortal beings who are the scholars of the Sefdaanian culture. I can’t pinpoint a date for the Cyrillicization, but it would be shortly after the alphabet was devised, then gradually altered as other graphemes were developed. This would have been long before there were Soviet linguists.

      The current Cyrillic alphabet for Senjecas:

      п /p/, б /b/, ф /φ/, в /β/, ӎ /m̥/, м /m/

      т /t/, д /d/, c̨ /þ/, ҙ /ð/, ӆ /l̥/, л /l/

      ц /ʦ/, ѕ /ʣ/, с /s/, з /z/, р /ɾ̥/, н /n/

      к /k/, г /g/, ќ /ç/, ѓ /ʝ/, h /j̊/, ј /j/

      и /i/, е /e/, a /a/, w /ɒ/, o /o/, y /u/, ы /ɪ/, ә /ә/, ў /ʊ/, cь, cъ

      Roman Rausch <aranwe@...>:

      >Why not use u-kratkoye: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%8E Seems to be
      >in use in several languages for exactly stuff like /w/.I am already using <Roman Rausch <aranwe@...>:
      >Why not use u-kratkoye: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%8E Seems to be
      >in use in several languages for exactly stuff like /w/.

      I am already using <ў> for /ʊ/.

      Thank you to all who helped me with this problem.

      Charlie
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic