203010Re: THEORY: Facility to pronounce other languages as a function of your native language

  • Roman Rausch
    May 6, 2014
      >By my little experience observing native speakers of Portuguese and Spanish
      >(from South America) speaking English and French, I was left with the
      >impression that Portuguese speakers are generally better understood than
      >Spanish speakers.

      When on holiday in Italy, I found it very soothing to eavesdrop on guides for Japanese tourists who were native Italians. Such a nice and clear pronunciation! (Also, loud.) The only problem I had was blending in with the Japanese group... :-)
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic