200845Re: Stereotype language

  • Gleki Arxokuna
    Feb 3, 2014
      This is similar to Lengua Aquatica (Laguna, Lengua de Cognates), which uses
      only cognates from English, Spanish and Portuguese except when it's
      absolutely impossible to find them (those exceptions include pronouns,
      numbers and ~ 60 most basic words thus much fewer than the vocabulary of

      This leads to rearranging semantic space and a style which is weird at
      first glance.

      For millions of people this concept solves the main problem of conlangs: a
      vocabulary that is hard to memorize. On the other hand it requires to turn
      on "search for synonymical expressions" function in your brain thus it's
      rather an artlang but not an auxlang-by-design.

      On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Siva Kalyan

      > This sounds a bit like Europanto, but on a global scale. (Don't forget
      > Mandarin and Hindi!)
      > It looks like most of the vocabulary would be greetings and politeness
      > expressions. And where would the numerals come from?
      > Siva
      > 2014年2月3日月曜日、Leonardo Castro<leolucas1980@...>さんは書きました:
      > > Interlingua has just inspired me to create a language based on
      > > stereotypical expressions. Can you give me any tips? It would be
      > > something like this:
      > >
      > > "Salamaleikum, madame, monsieur!
      > >
      > > Ego quiero mangiare beaucoup food and drink beaucoup bier, ma non
      > > troppo, ma non hydro, in fiesta today. Let's bailar beaucoup! Hakuna
      > > matata!
      > >
      > > Sayonara!
      > >
      > > Arigato and shalom!"
      > >
      > > Leonardo