200810Re: THEORY: Don't speak my language!

  • Thomas Ruhm
    Feb 2 9:50 AM
      I would it annoying in Sweden and Norway when people switched to English very quickley, when they realised that I wasn't from there. It is true that I only speak very little Swedish and Norwegian, but this way I couldn't practice.

      > The Finnish and Germans are notorious for refusing to speak their
      > respective native languages with foreigners; I have direct experience of
      > the latter.

      Maybe people from some countries think as English more of as an international language than others.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic