197968Re: Mood and author opinion

  • taliesin the storyteller
    Jul 5, 2013
      On 07/04/2013 05:19 PM, Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets wrote:
      > On 4 July 2013 16:59, George Corley <gacorley@...> wrote:
      >> Yeah, Choose Your Own Adventure books are the only genre I know that
      >> regularly uses second person narration. When other genres use it, it's
      >> usually as a gimmick in some small section.
      >
      > Zompist's Mark Rosenfelder's _Against Peace and Freedom_ (
      > http://www.zompist.com/apaf.html) is written entirely in the 2nd person,
      > and it's surprisingly readable and entertaining.

      Charles Stross has (so far) written two books in the same setting that
      are entirely in 2nd person, "Halting State" and "Rule 34". IIRC it's not
      *the same* second person throughout the books though! The only character
      that is the same in both books is a police detective.

      t.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic