197967Re: Forums for prehistoric linguistics of Europe?

    Jul 5, 2013
      On 05/07/2013 07:55, R A Brown wrote:
      [snip]

      > He's the guy who claims the script on the Lemnos stele
      > is a western Greek alphabet of the 6th century BC,

      OOPS!! a negative got omitted there :(

      I should have written: "He's the guy who claims the script
      on the Lemnos stele is _not_ a western Greek alphabet of the
      6th century BC,

      > but a script derived from 'runic' script of the Turkic
      > Orhun and Yeniset inscriptions and other similar central
      > Asian inscriptions

      I suppose I ought to have added that "and only
      coincidentally gives the appearance of a Greek script!"

      for individual beings and events."