195400Re: OT: Middle Egyptian dictionary/grammar in Russian

  • George Corley
    Mar 1 9:56 AM
      On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 2:34 AM, A. da Mek <a.da_mek0@...> wrote:

      > I think, the most viable
      >>> solution if you want a physical book would be downloading the pdfs and
      >>> printing them out.
      >>>

      >> Okay, I was hoping to avoid that route, but I may have to do it anyway.
      >>

      > I am not sure how it is in other parts of the universe and multiverse, but
      > here an average sized book costs about 30 Ermines*) and a Kindle costs
      > about 250 Ermines; so for everyone who intends to read more than 8 books in
      > his life it is cheeper to use the e-book. In the landscape mode, even the
      > .pdf files are usually readable on the 800x600 px screen. I downloaded this
      > Egyptian grammar and although the letters are small, they can be read
      > clearly. (I bought Kindle when I wanted to read the Assyrinan dictionary
      > http://oi.uchicago.edu/**research/pubs/catalog/cad/<http://oi.uchicago.edu/research/pubs/catalog/cad/>and
      > http://oi.uchicago.edu/**research/pubs/catalog/mad/<http://oi.uchicago.edu/research/pubs/catalog/mad/>
      >
      > *) I am used to express prices in Ermines, because these coins keep their
      > inner value irrespective to the inflation. An Ermine is a coin which has 3
      > 1/2 inches in diameter and 4 troy ounces in weight, made of a Camembert
      > type cheese. It received its name because of the similarity of its rind to
      > the winter fur of a stoat.

      How much do the ebooks cost. Sadly, the facts of publishing right now are
      such that publishers vary in how they price ebooks. Some of them even
      price the ebook higher than the paperback, even though the ebook is
      probably cheaper to produce.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic