195387Re: OT: Middle Egyptian dictionary/grammar in Russian

  • A. da Mek
    Mar 1, 2013
      >> I think, the most viable
      >> solution if you want a physical book would be downloading the pdfs and
      >> printing them out.
      >
      > Okay, I was hoping to avoid that route, but I may have to do it anyway.

      I am not sure how it is in other parts of the universe and multiverse, but
      here an average sized book costs about 30 Ermines*) and a Kindle costs about
      250 Ermines; so for everyone who intends to read more than 8 books in his
      life it is cheeper to use the e-book. In the landscape mode, even the .pdf
      files are usually readable on the 800x600 px screen. I downloaded this
      Egyptian grammar and although the letters are small, they can be read
      clearly. (I bought Kindle when I wanted to read the Assyrinan dictionary
      http://oi.uchicago.edu/research/pubs/catalog/cad/ and
      http://oi.uchicago.edu/research/pubs/catalog/mad/

      *) I am used to express prices in Ermines, because these coins keep their
      inner value irrespective to the inflation. An Ermine is a coin which has 3
      1/2 inches in diameter and 4 troy ounces in weight, made of a Camembert type
      cheese. It received its name because of the similarity of its rind to the
      winter fur of a stoat.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic