183487Re: Further info on tense marking for nouns

  • Adam Walker
    Oct 13, 2011
      On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 3:28 AM, R A Brown <ray@...> wrote:

      > In any case, I thought the original idea was to retain
      > verbs, but not mark them for tense, leaving tense marking to
      > nouns. The examples above are all sentences which either
      > use a copula or, in many languages, no verb.
      >
      > --
      > Ray

      I think that was the original poster's idea, but I'm just sorta thinking out
      loud here and seeing what strange direction I might be able to go with some
      of the ideas this thread has sprouted in the unusual pH of my brainsoil.
      I'm just toying with ideas to see how they mutate. I don't even have a
      planter for any of these strange musings as yet. In fact, I'm not even sure
      there is soil. This may be hydroponic brainfarming of weirdness. I'm sorta
      looking for something really weird to work with for a while. I'm not sure
      what direction I want to go. Tenesed nouns are intriguing, but so is
      verbing everything in sight. Language taboos are another area that I'm
      looking at -- vocabulary replacement due to seasonal or social events,
      grammar changes due to whateverodd sociofactors. I don't know. And neigh
      impossible phonotactics, and ridiculous phonologies are also under
      consideration.

      I've been married to Carrajina for so long that I'm looking for new
      territory to explore while C-a continues to mature. The grammar and all is
      pretty stable at this point; I can't even remember the last time I needed to
      add something to the grammar or chose to change anything. And while
      vocabulary semantics and usage is one of my favorite parts of language, I'm
      missing messing with the other stuff. I haven't fiddled with the phonology
      of C-a for maybe 7 or 8 years. I have the itch to start something new, or
      rework something old, or something. So I'm looking for weirdness to have
      fun with. It's probably best not to take anything I say too seriously for
      the next few months, but I *do* very much appreciate comments, especially
      ones that point out potential pitfalls or just plain stupidities in my
      random directions of thought.

      Adam
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic