178523Re: Site update

  • Patrick Dunn
    Mar 1, 2011
      Well, I have a Ph.D., but I only use the simplest features. :)

      Yeah, the learning curve isn't steep: it's vertical. Still, it's head and
      shoulders above anything else, at least for writing linguistics papers.

      On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets <tsela.cg@
      gmail.com> wrote:

      > On 1 March 2011 18:29, Patrick Dunn <pwdunn@...> wrote:
      > > Praat *is* great.
      > >

      > Yes, but it's also fiendish! That thing can do nearly everything, but it
      > nearly requires a Ph.D. to use even the simplest features! (that said,
      > phonetics *is* difficult after all)
      > Hey, doesn't that look a bit like Emacs? ;P
      > --
      > Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets.
      > http://christophoronomicon.blogspot.com/
      > http://www.christophoronomicon.nl/

      I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to
      window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance. --Arthur Rimbaud
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic