164894Re: Vowel Harmony?

  • taliesin the storyteller
    Sep 1, 2009
      Amanda Babcock Furrow wrote:
      > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 02:22:46AM -0400, <deinx nxtxr> wrote:
      >> I'm just curious about any conlangs out there that have vowel harmony and
      >> how it's used. I'm considering it for a conlang I've been contemplating
      >> for a few days now.
      > I tried checking on CALS, but for some reason neither CALS nor WALS seems
      > to have vowel harmony listed as one of the searchable features! Is WALS
      > hiding it behind some unfamiliar terminology? I can't imagine that they've
      > simply overlooked it...

      WALS makes no attempt to cover all possible features of all possible
      languages, it started out as a paper book after all, with all the
      limitations of that.

      Maybe WALS will add something on vowel harmony one day. In the meantime,
      if you're interested in testing something in CALS for me *hinthint*,
      send me a mail off-list.

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic