164892Re: Vowel Harmony?

  • Jim Henry
    Sep 1, 2009
      On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 3:26 AM, Jim Henry<jimhenry1973@...> wrote:
      > On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 2:22 AM, <deinx nxtxr><deinx.nxtxr@...> wrote:
      >> I'm just curious about any conlangs out there that have vowel harmony and
      >
      > gjâ-zym-byn has nasal/oral vowel harmony; I don't know of any natlangs
      > that do that.  The only ones I know of have vowel harmony based on
      > front/backness.

      ...I should clarify that I've heard, vaguely, that some natlangs have
      nasal vowel harmony. But I don't know which they are or any more
      details. Wikipedia says vowel harmony can be based on backness,
      height, rounding, advanced/retracted tongue root, or nasalization, but
      it only gives natlang examples for backness and rounding.

      --
      Jim Henry
      http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/