160981Re: Nominal Aspect for Location Nouns

  • Eugene Oh
    Jun 1, 2009
      Is there a specific order to which to keep? E.g. Instinctively I would've
      ordered the segunakar in this way:
      mag-ye-gri-iss-r-gu
      tree-voc-above-near-pl-via

      Which admittedly gives an unpronounceable (for Khangathyagon speakers
      anyway, presumably) cluster near the end and a sequence of two identical
      vowels further front.

      Eugene

      2009/6/1 Peter Bleackley <Peter.Bleackley@...>

      > Jörg once compared the Khangaþyagon noun system to Dagestanian languages
      > after translating it in a relay - for those of you who don't know,
      > Khangaþyagon nouns can combine segunakar (suffixes) in various complex ways
      > to form fine distinctions of meaning, eg
      >
      > hirriltar zerrishar magyeissgrigur
      > hirr-i-lt- ar zerrish-ar mag- ye- iss- gri- gu- r
      > fly- 2-imp-pl bird- pl tree-voc-near-above-via-pl
      > May birds fly just over the tops of you trees.
      >
      > (Rather arbitrary example made up to show how many segunakar you can get on
      > one noun)
      >
      > Pete

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic